This light-weight, durable carry-on luggage is built for the traveling road-warrior. I tested the BRX Explore 22 in. Upright Carry-On Luggage on multiple trips, flying over 15,000 air miles from Tennessee, North Carolina, Florida to Alaska. It was thrown around by airport luggage handlers, rained on, sat on, rolled over snow, ice and even sand. Mother Nature couldn’t break it and I doubt I will either!
This carry-on is ideal for short trips business trips and as supplemental luggage for longer adventures. Let’s take a look at the basic specs on the BRX Explore 22 in Upright Carry-On and then get into the details of how the luggage performs.
Dimensions: 9″ x 14″ x 22″ / 22.9 x 35.6 x 55.9 cm
Dimensions with Wheels & Handle: 10.3″ x 14″ x 23″ / 26.2 x 35.6 x 58.4 cm
Laptop Pocket Size: 2″ x 12″ x 15″ / 5.1 x 30.5 x 38.1 cm
Laptop Size: 15.6
Outside Expanded Depth: 12″ / 30.5 cm
Capacity: 2180 cu. in. / 35.7 liters
Colors: Slate, Ocean, Amber and Lava
Weight: 7.5 lbs / 3.4 kg
Fabric: 420d Ripstop nylon, 420d Packcloth, 1000d Nylon, Abrasion resistant/weatherproof Tarpaulin
Zippers: YKK racquet coil zippers
- Warranty: ® lifetime warranty includes ordinary wear and tear and airline damage
- Colors: Lava, Amber, Ocean & Slate
Briggs & Riley Travelware, LLC was founded in 1993 and is based in Hauppauge, NY. The company designs, manufactures, and distributes luggage products including toiletry kits, carry-on wheeled uprights, totes, garment bags, travel bags, wheeled uprights, duffels, and rolling and non-rolling business cases, as well as various accessories. It also offers lightweight luggage collection for the adventure travelers. The company sells its products through specialty luggage stores in North America and through its online boutique.
BRX Explore 22 in. Upright Carry-On Luggage Design Features
*Built to maximum carry-on dimensions and fits most airplane overhead bins”
- This carry-on features an easy pack main compartment with wide nylon compression panels keep your gear flat and neat
- Inside top lid features wet/dry pocket and essentials compartment for additional organization
- Padded sleeve for laptop storage
- Expandable slash pocket perfect for light jacket, guide books or maps
- Tapered zip expansion keeps bag lightweight while maximizing carry-on capacity
- Quick access front pockets and two exterior, zippered front pockets offer space for accessory items
- Front zip compartment stores up to a 16″ laptop
- The Outsider® handle system allows for more interior space and bars are on the outside of the luggage for a spacious flat packing surface inside.
- High performance 420d ripstop and packcloth nylon, along with technical grade hardware/components
- External buckle system allows any two BRX bags to quickly connect together to become one checkable piece of luggage or even easier carry-on
- Multiple grab handles with moisture wicking mesh lining surround bag for ease of carry and loading/unloading.
Functionality in the Field
I didn’t waste any time putting the BRX Explore to work. I had multiple trips lined up, including a long winter adventure in Alaska and Florida beach holiday. It traveled in planes, trains and cars, endured temperatures ranging from -40F to 130F and rolled through rain, snow, ice and sand. The bag held its own. The carry-on’s external nylon material did not rip once. It may have gotten a little dirty from all the travel, but was easy to clean, by just scrubbing away with a little soap and water. The bag is water resistant. My clothes did not get wet, even with some light rain and snow. That being said, I wouldn’t recommend throwing it in a lake and expecting dry clothes. The main compartment is huge and there are pockets for everything. I especially loved the wide, external slip pocket for a laptop. So much easier to carry and access when going through security.
Having to check a bag on airplanes is expensive and you risk luggage getting lost. Having a carry-on good for trips lasting from 3 days to a week is important. I was able to pack several pairs of shoes including sneakers, high heels and sandals along with workout clothes, bathing suits, causal and evening wear for a 5 day trip to Florida. On a trip to Alaska, I stuffed the carry-on with a bulky Canada Goose Snow Mantra parka and Herman Monster sized Baffin Impact Boots for extreme cold weather endeavors.
The BRX base weight of 7.5 lbs is really light. The wheels are smooth and go in two directions, forward and back. I would recommend the next version of the BRX Explorer upgrade to swivel wheels for greater ease of movement. The handle is extra light and stronger then it looks. Between me and Mother Nature, if we couldn’t break it, you probably won’t either. The BRX Explore is stylish. The design and color options give it a more refined look for the higher end adventurer. Its distinct look and colors also make it easier to spot on the luggage carousel.
Pros: Love the external lap top pocket, lots of space
Cons: Swivel wheels would be a nice option
Originally Published on Woods MonkeyWatch Full Movie Online Streaming Online and Download